Author: Vassil Jivkov
- STUDY MODULE „PROJECT WEEK“: THROUGH THE EYES OF STUDENTS
Competition in the educational field today brought awareness of the need of change in the manner of teaching and knowledge acquisition. It is clear that the university, as an educational and scientific institution, should follow and answer the demands of society for highly qualified and self-confident young professionals. The University of Forestry in Sofia introduced a new study module, called Project Week, in the regular curriculum for Engineering Design Bachelor Program. The module aims at increasing the skills and competence of students and preparing them for their future professional career. The paper presents the results of our experience from the past two years from the students’ point of view. Inquiries were held with the participants, students of 3rd year of study. The authors of this paper put the accent on the expectations and results of this new form of teaching.
The final results are an indicator of work done and give us the guidelines for future development towards improving the manner and conditions of work.
Keywords: study module, new form of teaching, intensive training, team work
- COMPARATIVE RESEARCH ON THE DESTRUCTIVE BENDING MOMENTS OF SOME CORNER JOINTS OF FRAME STRUCTURAL ELEMENTS MADE OF SOLID SPRUCE WOOD WITH A CROSS SECTION OF 50 X 30 MM PART III: END CORNER MORTISE AND TENON JOINTS
The results from the research on the destructive bending moments of the end corner mortise and tenon joints of structural elements made of solid spruce wood with a cross section of 50 x 30 mm are given whereas these joints are used mainly in the construction of sitting furniture, tables and beds.
It was established that the type of joints has significant influence on the destructive bending moment. This is defined by the type and size of joint elements and the area of the contact surfaces of the joints.
The following joints are destroyed at a considerably big bending moment:
- Haunched blind mortise and tenon joint;
- Blind twin mortise and tenon joint;
- Blind mortise and tenon joint
- Haunched through twin mortise and tenon joint;
- Haunched through mortise and tenon joint;
- Haunched blind twin mortise and tenon joint;
- Twin through mortise and tenon joint;
- Through mortise and tenon joint.
It is recommended that the research results are taken into consideration in strength design of furniture.
Keywords: corner joints, frame structural elements, destructive bending moments, solid spruce wood